This document aims at describing the types and the purposes of the cookies used by the tv.juventus.com website (“Juventus Website”), as well as describing and defining those of any third parties involved.
What are cookies?**
Cookies are small text files that a website visited by the user send to the user's terminal (usually, a browser), where they are saved and stored to then be resent to the aforementioned website when the same user next visits it.
Cookies are classified based on the entity that installs them on the user's terminal:
- proprietary cookies (so-called “first-party cookies”), installed by the operator of the website visited by the user in order to enable the latter to browse more efficiently the website and/or support the monitoring of his/her activities;
- alternatively, whilst browsing the website, the user may also receive on his/her terminal cookies sent by websites or web servers other than the one he/she is currently visiting, for the same purposes mentioned above (so-called “third-party cookies”).
Cookies are used for various purposes and differ from one another on the basis of the objectives pursued by the entity that installs them. They fall into:
· “technical cookies” used only to send a notification via an electronic communication network or strictly to the extent required to provide a service expressly requested by the user: they enable the website that has installed them to remember, for instance, the settings and the preferences expressed by the user during web navigation, or allow his/her to make a purchase or an authentication. No prior authorisation by the user is required to install these cookies, without prejudice to the relevant disclosure obligation;
· “profiling cookies”, aimed at creating profiles for the user, allow the website that has installed them to monitor the user's browsing activities also in order to send advertising messages or offer services in line with the preferences expressed by the user whilst browsing the web. In view of the particular intrusiveness of these devices, European and Italian legislation provides that the user must be suitably informed about their use and express his/her consent thereto.
For more information, see the following websites:
The types of cookies we use
First-party technical cookies and third-party analysis and profiling cookies, as described in the table below, are installed on Juventus websites.
First-party technical browsing cookies:
“Strictly necessary browsing or session" cookies
These cookies are fundamental to enable the browsing of the entire website and the full use of its features, such as, for example, accessing its various protected areas. Without these cookies, some necessary services, such as filling out of a form for prize contests, the authentication to access reserved areas or the execution of a purchase order, cannot be used.
These cookies enable the website to remember user choices (such as name, language or region), allowing the user to browse the website based on a number of selected criteria, and provide customised advance functionalities. These cookies can also be used to remember any changes made to text size, font and other customisable parts of web pages. They can also be used to provide services requested, such as watching a video or displaying comments on a blog or, again, to store the consents given by the user.
“Performance” analytical cookies
These cookies collect information on the way users use a site, such as which pages they visit more frequently and whether they receive error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All the information gathered by these cookies is aggregate and, therefore, anonymous. They are only used to improve the website operations.
In order to constantly improve and optimise their service, Juventus websites use Google Analytics and Piwik tracking technologies to perform statistical analysis on the website.
Google Analytics with anonymised IP is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"), which is the relevant data controller, and enables the analysis of the way in which the user uses the website. The information generated by the cookie on the use of Juventus websites (including the anonymous IP address) shall be forwarded to and stored on Google's servers in the United States. Google shall use this information in order to analyse the website's use by the user, prepare reports on website activity for the relevant operators and share it with other services developed by Google. Google shall not associate the IP address to any other data possessed by Google.
Piwik is an open-source web analytics software. Piwik uses "cookies", which are text files deposited on the user's computer, to support analysing how he/she uses the website. The information generated by the cookie on the use of the website (including the anonymous IP address) shall be forwarded to and stored on the service provider's servers in Germany. Piwik shall use this information in order to analyse website use, draft report on website activities for its operators and provide other services pertaining to site activity and Internet use.
Profiling and advertising targeting
Criteo (Criteo SA)**
Criteo is an advertising service provided by Criteo SA. It provides advertisements through display products and/or targeted banners that may be of interest to users based on their more recent behaviours during online browsing. For further information, see the website www.criteo.com
Remarketing with Google Analytics for display advertising (Google Inc.)**
Google Analytics for display advertising is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service supplied by Google Inc. that connects the tracking activity of Google Analytics and its cookies with the Adwords advertising network and Cookie Doubleclick.https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/cookies/
Google AdWords Remarketing
Google Adwords Remarketing installs cookies to study and improve advertising, with remarketing activities, in order to send to users messages that are in line with their interests. Remarketing helps reaching users that have visited the site. Prior users or users may view Juventus ads when they browse websites included in the Google Display Network or when they search for terms related to Juventus products or services on Google. https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/cookies/
Twitter Remarketing (Twitter, Inc.)**
Twitter Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Twitter, Inc. which links the activity of the Juventus websites with Twitter advertising network. https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514#
Twitter Tailored Audiences (Twitter, Inc.)**
Twitter Tailored Audiences is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Twitter, Inc. which links the activity of the Juventus websites with Twitter advertising network.
Facebook Remarketing (Facebook, Inc.)**
Facebook Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. which links the activity of the Juventus websites with Facebook advertising network. https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Facebook Custom Audience (Facebook, Inc.)**
Facebook Custom Audience is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. which links the activity of the Juventus websites with Facebook advertising network. https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Interaction with social networks
Juventus websites provide Social Plug-ins for various social networks. This service enables users to interact with social networks directly from the website pages, such as, for example, by sharing and/or expressing an interest in the contents of Juventus websites on social media.
If the user has accessed a social network, and remains on it whilst visiting Juventus websites, it is possible that the social network may add information about this visit to its information profile.
If a social network interaction service is installed, it is possible that, even if users do not use it, it may collect traffic data for the pages on which it is installed.
Interactions and information acquired by Juventus websites, in any case, are subject to the user's privacy settings for each social network.
Juventus websites use:
Facebook social widgets (Facebook, Inc.)**
Social plug-ins are characterised by the Facebook logo (thumbs up) or identified by the additional "Facebook" plug-in. When a website that contains this type of plug-ins is accessed from Juventus websites, the browser establishes a direct connection with Facebook servers and sends such data to Facebook. This takes place notwithstanding of whether the user is a Facebook member, has accessed our websites as a Facebook member or selects the plug-in. If a user visits Juventus websites whilst also accessing Facebook, his/her access ID shall be captured and processed and Facebook shall assign this visit to the visitor’s Facebook account, even if the social plug-in has not been selected. If the user clicks on the plug-in, the information shall be sent to his/her Facebook account and stored. The nature and the extent of the information sent to Facebook data are beyond our control. We are also unable to know which data shall be sent to Facebook or the purposes for which Facebook shall use it. If you wish to prevent Facebook social plug-in embedded in our system from forwarding data to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
See Facebook privacy policies for more detailed information on the collection, storage and use of your personal data by Facebook, as well as on configuration options available to protect personal data: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ and https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/ .
Twitter social widgets (Twitter, Inc.)**
Twitter logo identifies Twitter plug-ins (the "tweet" button) on our website. When the user visits Juventus websites, the plug-in creates a direct link between the user's browser and Twitter server. Twitter then obtains information about the user's visit to our website using its IP address. By selecting Twitter "tweet" button after accessing his/her Twitter account, the user can link the contents on our pages to his/her Twitter profile. In this way, Twitter links the user's visit to our website to the user's account. We would like to inform you that, as suppliers of our websites, we are not aware of the content of the data forwarded or its use through Twitter. If you do not wish that Twitter assigns your visit to our pages to your Twitter user account, log out from your Twitter account first.
Google+ social widgets (Google, Inc.)**
For further information, see page https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/cookies/
Displaying contents from external platforms:
Google Maps Widget
Google Maps is a map display service managed by Google Inc. that enables the Application to integrate these contents in its pages.
YouTube Video widget
YouTube is a video content display service managed by Google Inc. that enables Juventus websites to integrate such contents in their pages.
The user can express his/her consent: by clicking on the "OK" button on the banner, closing the banner or continuing to browse (subsequent action).
- how to receive notifications from the browser when he/she receives a new cookie;
- how to prevent the browser from accepting new cookies, or
- how to disable cookies so that they are not received or stored in general.
Of course, it is also possible to eliminate previously saved cookies on your computer at any time.
The User can find information about how to manage Cookies in his/her browser at the following addresses:
Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Cookies-Information-that-websites-store-on-your-computer/ta-p/1483, https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Enable-and-disable-cookies-that-websites-use-to-track-your/ta-p/2784
Microsoft Windows Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
If consent has already been given, but you wish to change cookies authorisations, you must delete them using the browser, otherwise already installed ones will not be removed. In particular, please note that it is impossible to control third-party cookies in any way and, therefore, if you have already provided your consent, you must delete the cookies using your browser (dedicated section) or by requesting the opt-out directly to the third parties.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, the user may use Your Online Choices. This service supports the management of tracking preferences for the majority of advertising tools.
Information provided by Juventus F.C. S.p.A. (“Juventus”) pursuant to Article 13 of the Italian Data Protection Code__
With regard to the information collected by the cookies directly installed by Juventus websites, please note that:
• the Data Controller is Juventus F.C. S.p.A. with registered office in Via Druento, 175 10151 Turin (hereinafter, "Controller");
• data is collected only for the purposes and the duration stated in the table below and are processed electronically;
• with respect to proprietary “technical” cookies, their use does not require the user's prior consent because these are cookies that are necessary for the browsing of Juventus websites and their correct operation. If technical cookies are removed through browser settings, it might be impossible to browse the websites in full or in part;
• data collected by first-party cookies may be forwarded to entities that act on behalf of Juventus as data processors or agents, for purposes connected to those described above. With regard to the aforementioned data, the user may exercise all rights under Article 7 of the Italian Data Protection Code, as detailed in the Policy on the processing of personal data accessible through the “Privacy” link on the Website;
• finally, with respect to third-party cookies, their purpose, the logics underpinning their processing, as well as the management of users' preferences in regard to them are not set and/or verified by Juventus, but rather by the entity that provides them as supplier and Data Controller.
The summary table of the cookies used by Juventus website is provided below:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords remarketing
- Facebook remarketingFacebook Custom Audience
- Twitter RemarketingTwitter Tailored Audiences
- Facebook social widget
- Twitter social widget
- Google+ social widget